Wednesday, April 1, 2015

la cama de piedra

Subí a la sala del crimen
le pregunté al presidente:
que si es delito el quererte,
que me sentencien a muerte.


this song made me think of so many things that i won't even try to write it all in spanish...
the lyrics above have been on my mind since i heard the song. it's such an intense thing for cuco to say..
i got all personal with the song and began to think about someone important to me (i don't want to put her name here though), as i often do when i think of desperation, love, and suffering. i love her immensely. she is so fixated on being loved, and has threatened to kill herself many times if she does not have a man to love. for most of my life this has hurt and scared me very much. her relationship with love has shaped mine. i feel like she is trapped in a dark box. my love exists outside of romance, it exists outside this box. i've realized that i am not interested in being in a relationship or fixated on being loved the way she is.
i'm a very silly person and i feel like people are trapped in a world where they take things so seriously. when we step back, maybe we can see things for how silly they really are?
i don't know why i felt compelled to put pikachu in my piece. maybe because i don't know what is real or if anything is real in these boxes or because we're so often in love with just the ideas of people and things that may not actually exist. i'm not sure where i'm going, but i don't mind. my thoughts are all over the place with this song!




No comments:

Post a Comment